Sunday, August 28, 2022

The Warner Discovery Debacle

Image courtesy of Wikipedia. 


    So, first I would like to apologize if I am a little late to the subject. However, I would like to also chime in that the Warned Bros. and Discovery merger has been an awful mess of shattering dreams, and a demonstration of incompetence. In case you haven't heard, recently the two companies have merged, and are now making some questionable decisions. Namely, cancelling movies like Batgirl, the Scoob! holiday special, etc. While they did that, they're also pulling a lot of animated content from HBO Max, TV channels. and just not offering physical copies.

       Now, from what I've seen, these cancellations are the result of two reasons. A debt that they're paying off with tax write-offs, and the new president just 'not getting it.' In other words, the wrong people have been put in charge, and just don't care enough to make money on these properties. I mean, if I don't have any reason to get HBO Max now, because a lot of the shows I want to watch are gone, why would I get a subscription,  or think of keeping one?

      This has been a bad time for enthusiasts of these properties. Not to mention for animation, as it already gets too much flack as is. I want to say I hope things get better, but that's not enough. Keep your support up for the right people in this industry guys! A small amount can go a long way!


Apologies for interrupting the flow of my blogs. The continuation to the last will be out soon.

Author's note: So, it's at least a few days after I initially finished this, and just a quick update. The work that was done for the Batgirl movie was deleted right before it could be salvaged. I don't know what to say at this point, this is downright infuriating. Even if the movie didn't wind up being good, deleting what was left shows this CEO is just being a total control freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment