Saturday, August 27, 2022

Holiday Special

    


    Ah, who doesn't love the holidays? I know that I don't, as I've made clear in the past. Every holiday season, whether it be Christmas, Halloween, Easter, you'll usually find an arrangement of colors, sounds, and flavors all welcoming you in their own special way. Now, I know a part of this is just because capitalism has made companies need to soulessly chase money... I don't want to harp on that however, I just want to focus on the good right now.

      One of the first positives I can think of is, of course, the holiday specials you see on TV. Even if some of them are dated, there's a nostalgic feeling I get from watching them. For Halloween, you got episodes with horror elements and creepy visuals. Christmas would be able to bring both winter wonderland, and warm home visuals. Valentine's Day would always focus on hearts, the color pink, and usually two characters falling in love. Again, even if not every special was perfect, or very flawed, I can't help but feel happy when I see the ones I do like.

      Another good memory is the theming and decorations around these times. Take Easter for example, that holiday has somehow mutated from biblical sacrifice into a rabbit leaving eggs around. So, we get lots of focus on grass, cute animals, and differently designed eggs. You also have fireworks and 4th of July, shamrocks for St. Patrick's, and that's just the tip of both! 

      Overall, I do enjoy seeing the effort that goes into holiday seasons. From something obvious like Christmas,  to something that's not even a holiday, like the beginning of school. The nostalgia, ideas, and fun you see people having is always something I look forward to, even if sometimes it goes overboard.  With all that said, thank you for reading this,  and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment