Thursday, August 1, 2024

A look back on: A look back on the strike!

       Well ladies and gentlemen, I think enough time has passed that I can talk about this again.



        As some of you may know, I have shared my opinions on the writer's and actor's strike in the past. In short, I still maintain individual artists who work on the projects for big studios deserve compensation. I do believe that it is their prerogative to stand up for themselves as well, and their right to ask for reasonable wages. Now, admittedly, my last post on this was critiquing SAG-AFTRA after they pushed for AI, and I still stand by that it was a less than stellar decision from them. As of writing, another strike is going on, this time for the videogame industry, and also lead by SAG-AFTRA. It is this writer's genuine hope that they maintain the best for the workers this time, and don't backtrack at the end. 

      With that in mind, I hops that consumers and artists alike maintain wariness, and go into this matter informed. While I do wish to trust the strike, mostly for the individuals, I do have reservations, and advise caution. However, this will probably be the last post I make on this matter. As it stands, I am mostly repeating the same points, and unless a really big development happens, I don't want to keep saying this. All I, and you dear reader, can do is stay informed. There might even be facts I don't understand right now, and I apologize if I have spread misinformation about this. 

      Once again, I ask that you stay tuned, not just to me, but to the media and creators that you have enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment