Sunday, January 21, 2024

A Quick Look Back On: The Strike

     Ladies and gentlemen, I feel silly.


Image courtesy of Twitter screenshot.

     Now, as my readers would know, I made my stance supporting he writer's and actor's strike last year. In turn, I did support SAG-AFTRA as well, using their logo as a main photo, since they were a main figurehead in the strike. Come some time after, and things have, supposedly, been settled. Studios gave into their demands, and hopefully this means they'll receive better treatment and pay. However, we still need to be very wary of things going forward; both parties are apparently hard to trust.

     In case you didn't notice, the above tweet is Sag-Aftra visibly approving of AI voice acting; an strange stance to take considering what the strike was about. I know that there are more problems I could go over, but those were more before I made my original post. That post was one of passion, and want to see the creative side treated more appropriately. As such, I went in with not that much information; a mistake I will rectify going forward. Right now though, my main problem is with that tweet, and its deeper meaning.

      It goes without saying that this author is disappointed. In a nutshell, this is a betrayal of what a lot of the protesters wanted, AKA, don't replace them. I'll still keep my previous post up, because it still reflects my beliefs on creativity, I still believe that the individual artists should be given proper dues. With that said, it's clear that even the people in charge, even when claiming to be on their side, need to really be checked up to see if they're trustworthy. I will be linking this post, because of the update, and I hope that this issue is rectified soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment