Thursday, January 26, 2023

Privacy

    So, as stated in previous blogs, graphic designers need to get their name out there. However, do keep mind that you'll need to properly sort the contacts out. Not everyone is going to ask for a commission, they may prank you, or worse. So today, I just want to go over a few options to secure your privacy. I know it may not seem like much, but I felt it was a good idea.



      Firstly, and this is pretty simple, but have a business email at the ready. One you don't use for personal accounts, but can share with potential clients. On top of that, it's best recommended to use a different password as well. This way you can better secure information, and avoid work and life mixing up. Of course, there is other reasons for multiple emails than that.

      Make sure to maintain yourself when it comes to social media and in public. You represent your own brand, and if potential clients see you say; using your professional account to post curse words regularly, they might back out. Some things are better just left behind closed doors, so it's a good idea not to share every detail of your life. Whether it's big or little, try to maintain how you go about your business.

     With that, I hope I got the idea of keeping privacy in your head. I know this was a shorter blog, but I more or less felt this should at least be brought up. Only other thing I have to say is respect the privacy of other designers, as they have their lives to live. With that said, thank you for reading, and stay tuned!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment