Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Video-Game Marketing

       So, earlier today while I was doing my online class, my teacher said  a videogame doesn't market anything. Now, I'm not hating on him, but that line did get me thinking. Can videogames be used for marketing? To the casual observer, probably not, but if you look closer... They just might. For one thing, they market themselves in advertisements, which is so obvious  it probably doesn't count


      Let's go deeper though, since I believe a videogame can market something bigger. The studio and companies that make them. Think about it, good games could land a team more work. Consistent work output will  help keep them afloat. A company that publishes great pieces will in turn expand.

    Going further, I've seen games that can be tied with toys, clothes, comics, all sorts of touchpoints. So with that being said, I think it's safe to say they do have marketing potential. Especially when you have a mascot or engine you want to put out.
!





No comments:

Post a Comment