Sunday, October 11, 2020

Hidden Details

               In this sentence, i have hidden something. I won't tell you what it is, but I think you'll notice it if you have a good eye. That is sort of what this blog post will be about, just an appreciation of hidden details on media. Many designers and writers tend to do this as a way to have fun, test the audience, or just to build something up. These details can range from obvious like the A to Z smile in the Amazon Logo, to secretive  like the arrow on the FedEx logo. Both have a special meaning that you could understand if you look closely.


Images property of respective brands.

            So, why is it that hidden details seem so fun? I like to imagine it has to do with the feeling of accomplishment. As if you were able to insert or find something new about whatever you looked at. It could also be pretty embarrassing though, as it you just noticed it, and conclude what you saw should never have been in. Now I am not going to make an example of this, for the sake of protecting other designers. That being said, I think we all know something like this.

            Keeping what I said in mind, I hope you all pay more attention to details in any work, be it yours or not. Stay on the look out for what's in plain sight, and thank you for reading. Hopefully you found the detail I hid in the first sentence. With that said, comment below your thoughts, share this blog, and tell me if you liked it or not. As always my valued readers, stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment